It’s Saturday, and I am at home. It is a good day. I have so
many people to thank, but I also have people that never knew I was having
surgery yesterday because I neglected to post something on my FB page. I left
that work to Jenny, her page and a blog on this abandoned blogger page. And while there were many people mentioned by name,
there were many more left to the phrase “you know who you are.” I am not a
coward, but I am lazy. I sincerely do love you all, regardless of mention by name.
The device I have been carrying around for 8 years was a
simple ICD (defibrillator). The one they installed yesterday does it all. Three
leads – one to pace the atrium (typically not doing anything) one in the right
ventricle and the important pacing lead in the left ventricle. The guy from
Medtronics went on and on about what this thing can do, and I did not have a
notebook. My William and Mary friends might be tempted to say “well, that’s nothing
new.”
As I scan Facebook today I feel truly blessed – please see the blog I
wrote before the surgery. You all have been there to support and challenge me
and more importantly to lift me up by sharing your own ups and downs.
Thanks again everybody. Be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment