Saturday, October 24, 2009

stones and other evidence

I heard a message on Sunday Oct 4 at PC3 that has been part of my stream of consciousness ever since. You can experience that message by clicking the link to PC3 below and navigating to the message archive via “This Week's Message” on the home page. There were so many nuggets in that message I cannot recount them all, and I encourage anyone reading this to take the hour or so to check it out including the video at the beginning. Mike talked about humility, exaltation and eventually influence – all for God's glory. It has me thinking about all the folks that I have been in ministry with, how precious they are to me and how God has allowed us to influence each other for His purposes. Sometimes it is hard to figure out until you have a chance to look back. In some cases we probably still can't see the big picture because we're too close to what's happening. Yet I still find one of the most vivid and concrete evidences of God's presence to be in the lives of people He has changed. One part of Mike's message talks about the 'equation' → gifts + talents = accomplishments and how faith in God changes the right side of the equation. I especially wonder if the young people I know are experiencing this in their lives. I pray that they do. Mike cited Joshua 3 and the journey across the Jordon and marking the spot with the 12 stones from the river just crossed. I need to mark the spots I witness in a similar way … I wonder if its okay to go back to the rivers crossed and make a mark to remember that we were there with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment